Energy Rating Systems supplies and installs solar, and energy storage systems from the world’s leading brands. This week we look at the Sonnen battery.
Based in Germany, an important market for energy storage due to its high penetration of renewable energy, Sonnen has been shipping its battery storage system around the world since 2008.
It become the largest home battery supplier in Europe when it sold more than 2600 units in the first quarter of 2016, with more than 15,000 systems shipped overall.
The sonnenBatterie is a complete system that is designed and manufactured in Germany. It consists of world-leading quality battery modules, an efficient inverter, an intelligent energy manager and the software to ensure it all runs smoothly and at peak performance. This is “plug and play” energy storage.
Building on this success, the company has developed the soon-to-be released Sonnen Protect unit, which gives affordable insurance against grid blackout.
The Sonnen Protect unit can sense power outages in real-time and automatically switch over to battery power, with no input from the user.
A highlight of the Sonnen battery system is that you can monitor and control household energy usage and production through the sonnenApp. Using your mobile phone or tablet, you can view your system’s performance from anywhere there’s an internet connection. The sonnenApp even shows you the level of energy independence you’re achieving.
What you need to know about Sonnen:
- It’s compatible with all solar power systems
- It’s easy to retrofit to an existing solar panel system
- It comes in 4kWh to 16kWh capacity (in 2kWh increments)
- It’s a modular system that you can add storage capacity to as required
- An inverter upgrade is not required when expanding the system
- Its market-leading 10 year/10,000 cycle warranty means it can be fully recharged more than twice daily.
- It has easy-to-use and comprehensive system monitoring.
Contact ERS for more information, or recommendations for your situation.