Solar makes news
The current state of Australia’s energy market and the role of solar in it has been the subject of several recent major media investigations.
Several key issues have been uncovered:
- Electricity prices have increased 50 per cent in the past decade.
- The huge uptake of domestic rooftop solar over that period has seen South Australia lead the nation with more than 30 per cent of homes now with solar.
- This is changing the way the electricity grid works, with the market operator in the process of transitioning to a two-way grid to effectively manage energy production and distribution.
- The ability of householders to monitor and control their energy use through the “smart technology” features of the latest solar and battery storage systems is allowing them to achieve maximum savings as the “two-way” grid starts operating.
- South Australia’s cocktail of high sunshine hours but high electricity prices makes this State a clear winner for solar. Payback times on systems are quicker and subsidies relating to batteries makes this option work best in SA.
Sharpe Energy-Hub is at the forefront of the solar revolution in SA. This means our expert consultants have the knowledge and experience to tailor the best solar system for each customer. Our key tool is the Energy Analyser, which crunches consumption figures to show how a household can save up to 80 per cent on energy costs. This analysis is the basis of our consultation process and is the only way for a customer to choose the system that will best match their needs. Call us today and learn how you can take control of your future.