What is a VPP?
How does it work?
Up to $2,550 in VPP Access Credits paid at up to $216 per month*
15c Feed-In Tarriff for energy sent back to the grid
Sign up to Simply Energy Virtual Powerplant Offer
*The Simply Energy VPP Access Credit will be calculated on a daily basis at $7 per day, to a maximum of $2,550 and credited to your account monthly.
Simply Energy Virtual Power Plant Offer
Are you eligible for the Simply Energy Virtual Power Plant?
To access the Simply Energy Virtual Power Plant offer you must agree to grid monitoring, and management of your energy storage system. In return, you will be provided with Simply Energy VPP Credits. You will always retain a minimum of 20% of the storage capacity in the energy storage system.
Currently, the Simply Energy Virtual Power Plant is available to customers in South Australia who:
- Own their home
- Have an energy storage system on the list of eligible systems that have been installed (See bottom of page)?
- Live within 100 km of the Adelaide CBD
- Have a fully functioning solar PV system with a min 3kW inverter size
- Have a reliable internet connection (Are willing to upgrade)
- Have a smart meter (or are willing to have one installed)
Eligible Home Battery Systems
To be eligible for the Simply Energy Virtual Power Plant offer you must install an eligible home battery storage system. Eligible Home Batteries for the Simply Energy VPP include:
Tesla Powerwall 2